In 1994, our chapter acquired a house on Commonwealth Avenue near Fenway Park and Kenmore Square.
In 1903 the house was built for E.S. Wallace and designed by Kilham, Hopkins. It was later occupied by multiple surgeons and doctors for their practices. Dr Joseph H. Shortell, an orthopedic surgeon, owned the house from 1939 until MIT bought the building for our sorority.
Now 25 sisters of our chapter live in the house though all sisters are welcome in the house to study, watch tv, or eat dinner prepared by our chef, David. One of the stops on the MIT Saferide, our house neighbors multiple MIT fraternity and sorority houses. With restaurants, shopping, and Fenway Park just minutes from our house, sisters are easily able to enjoy Boston from their home-away-from-home.
Visit the MIT Tech to learn about our house.